Monday, April 30, 2012

Pure Publishing & Design

Pure Publishing & Design is located in the center of Cape Town and offers publishing, web design, graphic design, advertising, branding, and magazine design. Their website is available here http://purepublishing.co.za/

Pure's been in existence for over 40 years and has a variety of clients. In terms of advertising, Pure tends to focus on luxury upscale brands (wine, jewelry) as well as internet security companies. A sort of strange combination, but they're doing well. Let's take a look at one of their print pieces for Waterkloof, a wine brand:


You can see the use of white/black as a contrast here and I really like the typography on the Waterkloof logo. The photography is well done and kept visually entertaining yet simple and elegant. This ad makes me want to go to this restaurant/winery. Now let's take a look at an ad that was done for jewelry client Prins & Pins:

Obviously the jewelry piece is important and is thus featured prominently on the side. I like how the jewelry is left-centered and features text on the right side instead of opting for a boring symmetrical layout. I'm not really into jewelry, but I'd have to think that this ad is pretty well-done for the industry. I'd next to take a look at a logo design that Pure did.

This is a logo for a car dealership, Vehicle Traders. Not much information was available on the site about the client, but clearly the logo design is dynamic and well done in my opinion. I really like how crisp it is. Pure has many other examples of logos and advertising and more that they've done on their website, and I highly recommend checking it out at the link I provided above. I think this is the best website that I've looked at so far in terms of a professional layout and quality of work. 

-Dave Larmann





2 comments:

  1. I can't decide how I feel about Pure. Nothing really stands out to me, and it seems like just mediocre work. I do agree with Dave that the simplicity is nice, but to me it's not daring or engaging. It's just sort of bland. It seems that since their clients are mostly luxury, upscale brands this is what the norm is and what Pure can do well.

    Sara Hughes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with Sara, nothing from Pure really jumps out at me. Pure does seem to have found a niche in luxury brands, but at some point you have to do something different because if you're not moving, some other company is.
    --audrey

    ReplyDelete