Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Power of 9 Advertising Agency


Power of 9 is an advertising agency in Cape Town that opened in 2004. The agency first began as a strategic brand consultancy and then became a strategic branding agency that was innovative and creative. The founder, Catherine Herbst feeds the culture of curiousity.

Power of 9 offers services of research, brand strategy, creative concept and creative executions to media planning, event, production, project management and consulting. 

"South Africa says ‘it’s possible’. We agree. Despite many negatives, the pioneering spirit soars with South Africans opening their minds to possibilities as numerous and incandescent as stars in the sky" (powerof9.co.za).

Client website list:
Accenture
Adcorp
Amdec
Brits Nonwoven
Clicks
Fillipo Berio
Hosaf
I&J
Nexxus
ORO Africa
Private Client Holdings
Quest
SAWIS
STAG Properties

Sites of interest

Facebook – Power of 9
Trendwatching.com
Stumbleupon
Ads of the World

Work:

 Power of 9 Commissioned photography for OROAFRICA. Photographer: Malcolm Dare

Natalie


3 comments:

  1. I really like the look of the strawberry advertisement. I like how the color red stands out and that there are accents of the color green. What is this advertisement for? Is it for the strawberry, the jewelry, the lipstick, or the nail polish? I feel like I did not learn too much about the advertisement agency itself through this post. What makes them so unique? I really like their logo and their company's name. "Power of 9" makes me think of being on cloud 9 or being in heaven. I get the idea in my head that they make their ads heavenly or other worldly. I wish I knew more about this company.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Carissa. Although the example of their work is cool, there wasn't much of your insight or any insight at all of the ad. It would have been nice not to have to do extra work to find out what OROAFRICA is. I feel like there's much more to this agency than what is represented here.

    -Maleisha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the advertisement you show here. The use of the chain with the colors of the strawberry show repetition and bring more attention to the focus of the picture. The glitter in her nail polish also reinforce the seeds in the strawberry to give the viewer more supporting elements.

    -Niki Feld

    ReplyDelete